Our appearance has a huge impact on how we feel both mentally and physically.
This is particularly true if you have been through an illness or trauma which has left a physical scar or alteration to your body.
The good news is that there is now a wide range of different therapies and treatments which can improve your appearance and restore your confidence.
There are some treatments accessible on the NHS but much more available privately.
For stress relief and relaxation why not try alternative therapies like massage and aromatherapy.
Medical tattooing has been around for a while but advances in technology have vastly improved the quality and range of cosmetic treatments available.
The range of medical micro-pigmentation and medical tattooing treatments has expanded in recent years to include the following:
- Treatment for skin traumas – improve the aesthetics and provide long-lasting colour repair
- Areola and nipple reconstruction
- Reduce the appearance of scars
- Vitiligo re-pigmentation
- Scalp micro-hair simulation
See here for more information about medical tattooing and to book a consultation.
Dermatologists are specialists in dealing with the skin, nails, hair and its diseases. They handle medical, surgical and cosmetic treatments.
This can involve scar treatments, acne treatments and the removal of minor blemishes.
Common treatments performed by dermatologists:
- Laser acne treatment
- Dermaroller for acne and another scarring
- Laser skin therapy to treat scarred skin
- Surgical mole removal
Using natural skincare products can help nourish your skin and improve its appearance. Click here for our organic product recommendations.
The Perfect Smile
What is Invisalign:
Invisalign is considered a cosmetic dental treatment because it improves the overall look of your smile. Click here to learn more.
The treatment is sweepingly becoming a popular choice for adults looking to perfect their smile without breaking the bank. The stigma behind “brace face” and “metal mouth” is beginning to be broken and it’s all down to new invisible, discreet braces.
The Invisalign process has been proven effective in clinical research and in orthodontic practices nationwide.
This is because of how fast they can straighten your teeth and how discreet they can be.
However, only certified dentists like those at The Perfect Practices can undertake this procedure.
- Invisalign is clear. You can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing.
- Invisalign is removable. Unlike braces, you can eat and drink what you want during treatment. You can also brush and floss normally to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Invisalign is comfortable. There are no metal brackets or wires as with braces to cause mouth irritation, and no metal or wires means you spend less time in the doctor’s chair getting adjustments.
How Does Invisalign Work?
- A set of aligners are worn for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position the dentist has prescribed.
- You will visit the dentist approximately once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
Total treatment time averages 11 months with the average number of aligners worn during treatment between 18 and 30. This, of course, will vary from case to case.
The aligners are made through a combination of our doctors’ expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology provided by the Invisalign® company.
Contact us for support and guidance. We are here to help.
Click here to join the leading disability support group
Check out Arts for Cancer for a list of community events in your area